CAES Strategic Plan 2020
Welcome to the Journey
- Strategic Planning Process
- A Message from CAES Dean and Director J. Scott Angle
- Introduction to the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
- CAES Vision and Mission Statement
- CAES Values
- Trends and Factors of Influence
- Foundational Strengths
- Goal 1: Academics
CAES educational programs will be at the forefront of all land-grant institutions.
- Goal 2: Extension Education and Outreach
Extension education programs will be vital, dynamic, and engaged at the county level throughout the state; and CAES research and Extension programs will be accessible and applicable to all segments of the population in the state of Georgia.
- Goal 3: College Focus Areas
CAES will address the focus areas of (1) Food, health and wellness; (2) Breeding and genetics (plants and animals); (3) Environmental stewardship; and (4) Sustainable food production systems through interdisciplinary teaching, research and Extension programs that are timely and relevant to the citizens of Georgia, the nation and the world.
- Goal 4: Research
CAES will have strong, well-supported and balanced basic and applied research programs.
- Goal 5: Faculty and Staff Productivity
CAES will have the most productive, innovative and respected faculty and staff workforce in the land-grant system.
- Goal 6: Funding Strategies
CAES will maintain current funding, expand existing sources and search for a diversity of new funding resources.
- Goal 7: Internal and External Communication
CAES will ensure understanding and appreciation of the value of our programs both within our organization and by the public.
Implementation of the Plan
- Strategic Planning Committee Members
- Strategic Planning Action Teams
- Action Team Reports
- Action Items and Assignments - December 2013 (pdf)
- Presentation of Accomplishments – February 2014 (pdf)